You can do a complete face mold with just 3-4 ounces of 590-IBG alginate.
590-IBG also has “gradual set” feature which lets you know when the alginate is about to set so you can embed your faux mohair or plaster bandage strips in the surface in plenty of time. A more advanced project that is perfect for 590-IBG is the complete head casting.
- Mixes thicker than normal alginates
- Sets in about 5 minutes when using 90°F water
- Doesn’t drip like ordinary alginates – stays where you put it
- Sets gradually from the inside out – ideal for face castings
- Sets very flexibly and tough
- Loses water very slowly to evaporation
- A face mold takes only 3-4 ounces of 590-IBG Alginate (4-5 per pound)
- A half torso takes about .75 to 1 pound
- A head casting takes about 1.5 pounds
There are no reviews yet.