Here are some must-have wardrobe & costume essentials and other items that every Film, TV & Theatre production’s costume department should have at their disposal!
Find a list of costume & wardrobe department supplies below!
Ensure that actors’ costumes maintain their intended appearance with these essential clothing items!
- Shibue Strapless Panty, Hibue Strapless Thong, Covers Ups – discreet underwear, perfect for scenes in film or theatre
- Underarm Dress & Suit Shields – protect clothing from stains, wetness and odour
- Collar Stays, Slick Collar Set – ideal for keeping the shape of a shirt collar
- Shirt Button Expanders – perfectly handy for minor expansions in the fit of collars
- Topstick, Stick It! – keep clothing and accessories in place
- Safety Pins – to fasten pieces of fabric or clothing together
- Bamboo Clothes Pins
- Moleskin – to create costumes and wardrobe pieces
Shoe & Foot Essentials
Essential shoe and foot supplies to ensure the utmost comfort and safety for your actors throughout the film production process.
- Shoe Refresher
- Shoe Deodorizer
- Shoe Repair
- High Heel Protectors
- Blister Blocker, Moleskin
- Toe Warmers
- Foot Warmers
To keep costume and wardrobe clean, fresh, and camera-ready!
- Lint Roller, Lint Brush, Fabric Shaver, Fabric Comb – remove dirt and fuzz from clothing
- Spot Remover – saves your costumes and props from makeup, blood, paint, grass, oil and many other unwanted new or even old stains
- Wet Wipes – for quick cleaning of stains and make-up
Organizing & Storage Essentials
Storage and organizing essentials to enhance efficiency, maintain order, and ensure quick access to costumes and accessories.
- Hang Tags – great for labeling of cast costumes and wardrobe
- Rack Dividers – ideal organizers for clothing and costumes
- Hangers – ensure that your costumes stay in their intended shape and form, ready for quick changes or last-minute adjustments on set
- Jewelry Hangers – helps keep track of jewelry and ensures easy access during costume changes or on-set use
- String Shoe Bags, String Boot Bags
- Garment Bags – for dust protection of costumes and wardrobe pieces from shirt to ball gown length
- Garment Bags Zippered – keep wardrobe and costumes clean and protected
- Bag & Pouches – to store makeup tools and wardrobe essentials
- Plastic Ziploc & Trash Bags – to protect and transport all small or big wardrobe accessories
Miscellaneous & Other Essentials
A few other items that can be useful to have in your on set costume & wardrobe kit.
- Odour Eliminator Spray – perfect for clothing, footwear, hats, and wigs
- Hanging Moisture Absorber – helps prevent damage and stains caused by airborne moisture
- Hand Warmers
- Body Warmers
- Bikini Bite – roll on adhesive keeps bikinis, mini dresses, shorts and skirts in place
- Disinfectants & Gloves